Believe it or not, electric cars are the future and it is certainly where we are headed. Currently, the market is populated with hybrid cars which still run combustion engines and the CO stats for that are not environment friendly. Therefore, we should be ready for the influx of electric cars. Here are some very interesting facts to get you started, courtesy of Kommando Tech:
- 1.94 million electric cars were sold worldwide in 2019, a 4% drop compared to 2018.
- The electric car market will be worth $567 billion by 2025.
- By 2030, electric cars will account for 70% of vehicles sold in China, 50% in Europe and 30% of all car sales in the US and Canada.
- China remains the world’s largest car market, with over 24.5 million total and 1.2 million electric vehicle sales in 2019.
- Compared to gas vehicles, electric cars have a 54% smaller carbon footprint.
- The Tesla Model 3 is the most popular and the Smart EQ Fortwo the cheapest electric car on the market right now.
- There are currently nearly 1.5 million electric vehicles in the US.
- During 2019, Germany became the largest electric car market in Europe.
- Electric cars account for nearly 50% of all car sales in Norway.
- There are more than 5 million electric charging stations in the world right now.
These are encouraging and interesting facts that show how the electric car market is growing. However, one wonders, for a country like Pakistan it seems quite a distant idea to perceive, when it comes to the widespread of electric cars because of the present electricity shortage in Pakistan. Things need to improve drastically, in order for Pakistan to be part of the raging trend of electric cars.