So the Prime Minister of Pakistan, Imran Khan has just launched what is to be the ‘largest ever needs-based undergraduate scholarship program in the history of Pakistan’ under the Ehsas program of Pakistan and this is set to provide any student worthy of a scholarship on merit some ease.
Moreover,the overall vision of the Ehsas scholarship program is provide students with 200,000 scholarships over the next 4 years in terms of human capital development. 50% of the scholarships are reserved for female students, which is another good sign of progress, promoting female higher education is essential in a country such as Pakistan.
Moreover,during the launch ceremony, Imran Khan said that a lack of education and employment opportunities drive youth towards crime and in order to control that, students need to be provided with a fighting chance.
As per the latest,the new program is set to provide 50,000 scholarships to deserving students and the program will put specialemphasis on the disadvantaged areas of the country. Furthermore,the scholarships awarded by the Higher Education Commission (HEC) shall be applicable in both public and participating private sector universities and colleges.
Now,it should be noted that the deadline to apply for this particular scholarship program is till 10th December 2019. According to the reports, the scholarship will cover the tuition fees and stipend for high-achievers from low-income families, hence providing support for those who can not afford higher education but are deserving nonetheless.
- The eligibility criteria for the scholarship program is as follows:
- These undergraduate scholarships are applicable to the public sector and the participating non-profit private sector colleges and universities
- Students admitted on merit at any public sector university
- Family income should be below the poverty threshold
How you can Apply
- Follow the following steps to apply for Ehsaas Scholarship Program:
- Apply online at HEC’s portal for Ehsaas scholarship
- Submit duly filled forms at the Financial Aid Office of the respective university
- Applications sent directly to HEC or BISP will not be entertained