FM Qureshi has had enough with Indian propaganda regarding Kashmir and he has set out to make a plan with the sole aim of countering India from spreading a false narrative about Kashmir. Here is FM Qureshi:
India is acting deceitfully. It is trying to create a false impression in the world suggesting that Pakistan is exaggerating the facts.
“They continue to say: ‘The ground realities are completely the opposite. Things have normalised’. We will continue to raise the issue politically, morally, diplomatically until such time their right for self-determination is not granted. Keeping this in mind, the prime minister has decided to launch a robust information campaign
The agenda is as follows:
- January 25 – The launch of the campaign across the print, electronic and social mediums.
- January 27 – Cultural show in Islamabad at the National Council for Arts,
- January 28 – Photo exhibitions at major art galleries across the nation as well as in foreign missions depicting the struggle by Kashmiris.
- January 30 – Seminar in Islamabad chaired by the Special Committee on Kashmir Chairman Syed Fakhar Imam.
- January 31 – Press conference on Kashmir to be held by Chairman Imam.
- February 3 – Function at the Islamabad Convention Centre for youth and activists.
- February 3 – Ration distribution at Azad Jammu and Kashmir refugee camps.
- February 4 – Kashmir Day at Aiwan-i-Sadr. The entire diplomatic corps will be presented documentaries.
- February 5 – Various activities including human chain in AJK and ‘Kashmir solidarity’ rallies in all provincial capitals. PM Imran to address legislative assembly in Muzaffarabad as well as a public rally in Mirpur.
Regarding the campaign, FM Qureshi stated:
This message (campaign) is not just for Pakistanis but for those across the Line of Control who continue to remain under a communication lockdown. Despite the Indian Supreme Court’s decision (declaring the internet shutdown unconstitutional), they have illegally suspended internet services.