Initially, only restricted to China, Coronavirus has slowly and gradually become a global epidemic with numerous countries having found people affected by it. Among these countries are Iran, Korea and now Pakistan. This is alarming news for Pakistanis who need to follow the instructions to make sure that they remain safe from the virus after this confirmation was received:
I can confirm first two cases of corona virus in Pakistan. Both cases are being taken care of according to clinical standard protocols & both of them are stable. No need to panic, things are under control. I will hold press conf tomorrow on return from Taftan.
After 2800 deaths in China, Pakistanis need to be extremely cautious since this virus has been detected in Pakistan. These are some of the measures that could be taken to make sure that you are protected:
- Wash your hands frequently: Even Commander Safeguard recommends that! Washing your hands every now and then so that viruses are removed from your hand whenever you wash your hands.
- Use a sanitizer: Use sanitizers frequently, another way to remove any present viruses on your hands.
- Use a mask: Masks are extremely important when it comes to viruses. It prevents virus transmission using breath particles
- Seek medical care – If you feel unwell, call the local authorites in advance so that they can promptly direct you to the relevant medical facilities. Follow their guidelines to stop the virus from spreading.
- Keep an eye on the news – Stay up-to-date with the latest developments and public service messages issued by your local healthcare providers and authorities.
It is extremely important to take any possible measures that one can take to prevent such spreading of viruses. Therefore, we need to keep ourselves in check as well as look out for others.