Prime Minister Shahbaz Sharif launched a scheme called “sasta petrol sasta diesel” to help the poorest sections of Pakistan.
For those with less than Rs. This program benefits the majority of households with less than Rs. The government has allocated Rs. 28 billion to help nearly 14 million households that are marginalized in the country.
How to Apply for sasta petrol sasta diesel
The applicants must:
- For registration, send your Computerized National Identity Card number (CNIC), to 786 via SMS
- Wait for a confirmation message from Benazir Income Support Programme, (BISP), to confirm payment transfer.
- Residents of Punjab, Sindh and Balochistan will be able to visit HBL after receiving the message. Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK), Khyber Pukhtunkhwa and Gilgit Baltistan residents can visit Bank Alfalah for a subsidy amount of Rs. 2,000.
This relief will be provided to 8 million families who are registered in BISP. This relief quota includes 6 million families that are not registered and must show proof of a monthly income below Rs. 40,000.
These are the terms and conditions of this program:
- All individuals who are registered with BISP have the right to this relief.
- The relief will only be available to one member of a family.
- This program is for widowed or married women.
- In the event of widowed or divorced women becoming unavailable, a male representative will be eligible for subsidy.
- Soon after registration, the subsidy will be disbursed.
The Finance Ministry warned that there will be fuel rate increases in the near future. This could make daily commutes difficult for many people.