It isn’t long ago that we saw the Honor Magic 2 from Huawei’s sub-brand, but it looks like they aren’t completely done with it just yet and have now announced the 3D version of the device. On first impressions and judging by the name, it felt like Honor’s going to try some fancy 3D tech inside their new device but turns out they are being mature about it since the 3D light camera would be primarily used for better depth mapping and more secure unlocking of the phone, which by the way, is placed on a slider.
Here are the specifications:
- CPU: Octa-core 2.6 GHz
- Chipset: Hisilicon Kirin 980 (7nm)
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie with Magic UI 2.0
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE;
- Slider design
- 3D Face recognition
- Under-display fingerprint reader
- 91.5% screen to body ratio
- 6.4-inch OLED FHD+ (2340 x 1080) resolution, 19:9 aspect ratio
- RAM: 8GB
- Internal: 512 GB
- Card slot: no
- Primary (Triple):
- 16 MP RGB, f/1.8, OIS, AF
- 24 MP f/1.8 monochrome
- 16 MP f/2.2 ultra-wide angle
- Secondary: 16MP+2MP and 3D structured light camera
- Primary (Triple):
- Connectivity: USB Type-C, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, DLNA, WIFI Direct, hotspot, NFC
- Battery: 3,400 mAh battery, 40W fast charging
- Price: $864 (Rs. 120,000)
Apart from the 3D light camera and a little beefing up of the specs there is little more to talk about other than the fact that this device resembles its older cousin, the magic 2. With the same glass-on-glass design, a timeless one though, around an aluminium frame. Being the only other manual slider smartphone to hit the market with the Mi Mix 3, the Honor Magic 2 features a 6.4-inch OLED display with a 91.5% screen to body ratio (19:9 aspect ratio), at Full HD+ (2340 x 1080) resolution.
Here’s where the beefing up is most notable, as the device comes with 8GB RAM and an internal storage of 512GB. Handling the software would be EMUI atop Android Pie. The processor’s also top tier Huawei’s kirin 980. Additionally, the phone comes with heat dissipation through heat pipes to maximize performance.Powering the flagship phone is a 3,400 mAh battery with 40W Magic Charge. You can charge it up to 50% in just 15 minutes and up to 85% in 30 minutes.
HONOR MAGIC 2 3D ANNOUNCED GIMIC OR PROMISING TECH?
The phone is destined for China only with no news whether it will be releasing worldwide or not but fingers crossed!