IMPACT OF SOCIAL MEDIA :
The use of social media has become an integral part of our daily lives. The impact of social media on our lives is undeniable. In a good or bad way, Social media plays a huge role in our daily lives. Everything comes with its pros and cons. The same is the case with social media. Eventually, it’s up to the individual whether he takes the impact positively or negatively. Here in this article, we are going to have a look at its pros and cons.
SOME POSITIVE IMPACTS OF SOCIAL MEDIA :
1. It helps people all over the world stay in touch: The greatest impact of social media is its connectivity to the world, Through the help of social media apps like Facebook, Twitter, and https://www.instagram.com, Everyone can easily interact with their loved ones who live far away by video calling. Families who live abroad can be a part of precious family events virtually.
2. Social media provides opportunities for remote employment: With the help of social media, Those who cannot leave their home get the opportunity to do jobs while sitting in the comfort of their house. Due to the fast-moving virtual world, people now work for companies existing outside of their country while living in their country which provides them with high-paying jobs.
3. It provides quick access to up-to-date information: Nowadays, When every other person is occupied with their busy schedule, Social media keeps people connected with all the latest happenings around the world.
4. Social media creates awareness among people: We have seen that our electronic media has a great influence on people, But many times, Our electronic media tries to manipulate the audience. A recent example of this is the Gaza genocide. In the past also western media covered Israel’s crime. In situations like these, Social media plays an important part in creating awareness among people.
5. Social media helps out for educational purposes as well: The use of social media platforms helps many students with different resources related to their studies. During the coronavirus, When schools were closed, with the help of social media platforms, Online classes were conducted. Besides, People learn skills online through YouTube, Which later helps them get employment.
These are some of the many advantages of social media. Similarly, Social media also has some negative aspects as well, Some of which are listed below.
SOME NEGATIVE IMPACTS OF SOCIAL MEDIA :
- 1. Source of Constant distraction: Where social media platforms are a great way to connect with people globally, in the same way, it is a great way to waste time, various studies have shown that people waste a lot of time scrolling through social media apps, the time which could have been spent productively otherwise.
2. Excessive usage of social media leads to many psychological issues: These platforms are addictive. Eventually, this leads to depression, anxiety & many other mental issues.
3. Cyberbullying: Since the arrival of social media, Cyberbullying has become a common thing. Many students and teens are victims of this. Cyberbullying victims go through low self-esteem and emotional distress, Sometimes leading to suicide.
4. Social media is far different from reality: People often overuse social media and associate unrealistic expectations with it. They see their friends living lavish lives after seeing their enjoyable life on social media and they think their life is worse. but In reality, the life shown on social media is the opposite of what they’re living.
5. Threat to personal privacy: People often share their information online. Sometimes, loopholes in privacy controls can put a user at the risk of hacking. Furthermore, there are a lot of scammers who can somehow spy on them.
Lastly, Summing up this whole debate, like Anything else, Social media also has its pros and cons, so, in the end, it’s up to the individual how social media impacts his life, whether in a good way or bad way. Please keep visiting our website for other thrilling content.