We would gladly like to report that if any of you are currently using a OnePlus 6 or OnePlus 6T smartphone then good news is coming your way.Simply go to the phone settings to check for a update as we would like to tell you that OnePlus have now started to roll out a stable Android 10 update to both devices. The update arrives as Oxygen OS 10.0 has also arrived in both devices and has officially began rolling out today. Now one can already predict that a new update will bring new features and well OnePlus and Google have not let us down in that corner.
The new update brings you, a new user interface, game space, and Android 10 features such as Share Wi-Fi which allows you to connect to a WiFi network by simply scanning a QR code. There is also new customization available for notifications which gives you the option toto set which notifications you want silent and which notifications you want on alert. OnePlus says the option to hide the notch is not available with in this particular version.
With that in mind down below are listed the upgrades that the new update brings you.
- Upgraded to Android 10.
- Brand new UI design.
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy.
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings.
- General bug fixes and improvements.
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back.
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps.
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience.
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Contextual Display).
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings – Blocking settings).
Finally it should be noted that this is in fact a staged roll-out and hence it should be noted that if the update has not been made availableas yet on your device, you will have to wait until it arrives. OnePlus adds that using a VPN to download the update may not work as it is not rolling it out based on regions but to a limited number of random devices first.