By the end of November 2022, the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) reported that there would be 120.89 million 3G/4G users in Pakistan, a 0.21 million increase from 120.68 million at the end of October to 120.89 million by the end of November 2022. By the end of November 2022, there were 193.55 million cellular subscribers in Pakistan, up 0.04 million from 193.51 million in October 20, a rise of 0.04 million over the previous month.
It is estimated that Pakistan has 121 million 3G/4G users – Pakistan Telecommunications Authority
- Jazz’s total count for 3G users declined from 5.225 million by the end of October to 5.054 million by end of November registering a decrease of 0.171 million. However, Jazz 4G users jumped from 40.677 million by the end of October to 40.858 million by the end of November.
- Zong 3G subscribers decreased from 2.855 million by the end of October to 2.781 million by the end of November. The number of 4G users increased from 30.823 million by the end of October 2022 to 31.032 million by the end of November.
- Telenor 3G subscribers decreased from 3.158 million by the end of October to 3.102 million by the end of November. similarly, the number of 4G users of Telenor increased from 22.450 million by the end of October to 22.484 million by the end of November.
- Ufone 3G users stood at 2.977 million by the end of November compared to 3.087 million by the end of October. The number of 4G users of Ufone increased from 10.973 million by the end of October to 11.165 million by the end of November with a 0.192 million increase.Meanwhile, there is a continuous decline in Next Generation Mobile Services (NGMS) penetration, cellular mobile teledensity, as well as total teledensity, both of which are on a continuing decline. It seems that based on the data of the PTA, by the end of November, teledensity for cellular mobile devices had decreased to 86.7% from 87.62% in October. As it stands, the total teledensity decreased from 88.81% at the end of October to 87.9% at the end of November. Monthly NGMS penetration decreased to 54.15 per cent by the end of November, compared to 54.6% by the end of October.
- In November 2022, the PTA also received 13,099 complaints from different telecom operators and cellular operators regarding the services they provide. As a result of the complaints received by the telecom operators, 128,033 complaints have been resolved (98%) so far.It is estimated that 5,779 complaints were received against Jazz over the past year, out of which 5,761 (99 per cent) have been resolved. In addition to this, a total of 2,471 complaints were received against Telenor, of which 2,452 (99%) were resolved. In the same way, 3,019 complaints were received against Zong, which resulted in 2,988 (99 per cent) being addressed within a reasonable time frame. Ufone received a total of 1,305 complaints, out of which, 1,240 were resolved (95 per cent) within a reasonable period of time.A total of 150 complaints were received by the PTA against basic telephony during the month of November, out of which 110 complaints were resolved. In addition, we received 362 complaints against Internet service providers, of which, 271 (74%) were resolved as a result of our efforts.