Telenor Youth Forum 2017, is going to be started in collaboration with the Nobel Peace Center, in Pakistan. The talented people, between the ages of 20 and 28, desirous to make difference in the world are invited to this program. This is the great provision of a facility to showcase young talent in the world.
These potential youth leaders of future will be addressing social problems with digital solutions. And these all selected members will have one year to come up together with a solution to a pre-assigned social problem with the team they have been conjoined. The teamwork is designed to build awareness, understanding along with help the participants engage with other cultures and norms. Expectedly, it will result in building peace within their communities and all around the world.
This program was started in early December in 2016 in Oslo, Norway, and it will result in time for the run-up to the Nobel Peace Prize for 2017.
The participants will have to work through social media and other virtual forms of communication, live physical meetings are decided just twice a year. However, at the end of a year, they are expected to come up with to deliver their plans they had for their projects.
This experience will result in their work with the Nobel Peace Center to organize an exhibition, where they will be showcasing their solutions to the social issue that they were challenged with.
Eligibility Criteria for Candidates:
- Age of 20 and 28 when applying;
- Citizenship from Pakistan, Bangladesh, Bulgaria, Thailand, Sweden, India, Malaysia, Hungary, Denmark, Norway, Myanmar, Montenegro, Serbia;
- Candidate should be currently enrolled in university or equivalent higher education institution;
- Fluent in spoken and written English;
- Interested in finding solutions to social problems in community and worldwide;
- Have prior volunteering, activism, or leadership experience.
How to get registered
Simply fill out a form provided with Youth Forum page in order to get candidate registered by visiting this link.