It has just been announced that YouTube Music is going to receive a new feature in the near future. There is a new Listening Room is now available on YouTube Music, thanks to the developers behind the service. This is a Discord channel on which users can give feedback on early access features that have been released. Everybody is eligible to apply, and they will have to fill out a questionnaire about their musical tastes and which subscription of their choice they would like to subscribe to. To be eligible, you must be a music lover, give regular feedback through conversations and polls, as well as use YouTube Music as your primary audio streaming service for a period of one year.
The first year of the program, if accepted, will come for free as part of the program, and you’ll be given early access to new features, along with “the opportunity to have an impact on the future of YouTube Music”.
It is requested that applicants do not share or take screenshots, pictures, or record anything from Listening Room, nor should they share any information. Approved applicants will be contacted by YouTube Music by the end of February.
Additionally to listing your favorite artists and genres, there are seven different kinds of users that you are asked to choose from in order to create your profile:
- Music is a huge part of my identity, and my friends know it. I’m always listening to new music, and I stay up-to-date with big music trends.
- I like discovering new music, but it’s not a huge part of my life. I often listen to music while socializing, gaming, or eating.
- I like staying in the know and being part of a music community, although I don’t have super strong opinions about music. I don’t want to miss out on the latest music trends.
- I like to listen to the same music over and over.
- I use music to change the mood and make moments more enjoyable. I usually rely on music services to stream music for me.
- I like to listen to nostalgic music, and I usually listen to music in the background while doing chores, travelling, commuting, or working out.
- Music defines and inspires me. I am highly opinionated about music, and I don’t care as much about music that is considered popular.